Message to Members
The Golf Club is still open for social play only, with all the relevant rules that have been put in place to apply.
The only recent change is that play MUST ONLY BE IN GROUPS of a maximum of 2 people and the 1.5m social distancing MUST apply.
Please be sure that if people ignore ANY of the conditions imposed, the Club WILL close the course irrespective of any other advice.
We will not have officers of the club and the club itself put at risk by people doing the wrong thing.
The Board will continue to provide updates as more information is made available.
Noel Goldsworthy Chairman – WGC Board
Covid-19 Playing Conditions
The conditions apply to all users including members and green fee players.
- Use of the course is permitted for casual golf only, there will be no club sanctioned competitions
- Do not attend the club if you feel unwell
- Clubhouse and pro shop are closed
- Course can only be used by an individual or group of two players. (Added since previous publication)
- Access to toilets will be available while course is open. Door adjacent to pro shop will remain ajar as will toilet doors to avoid contact
- Members pay $5 for 18 or $3 for 9 Plus $1 to have your card recorded (18 hole only)
- Non-Member casual golf fee paying – normal fees to apply
- Use envelopes marking name, date how much paid. (Cash payments only) and put fees into honesty box.
- Cards to be placed in card box for handicapping purposes
- Cards are to be marked by the player only and not co-signed. Playing partner to check score is correct.
- People to maintain social distancing of 1.5m. No handshakes, high fives or other contact.
- People are not to accumulate before their round or afterwards.
- Come as close as possible to prearranged tee time, and then leave immediately after your game.
- All sand buckets will be removed.
- All bunker rakes will be removed – (golfers to have preferred lie in the bunker)
- All ball washers to be covered and may not be used
- Pins not to be touched. (otherwise they will be removed)
- Foam insert will be placed in the hole to avoid unnecessary contact with the sides and surrounds of the hole.
- Gloved hand or a mechanical ball grabber advised to remove ball from hole.